Free shipping is available to valid street addresses in the lower 48 states! For orders being shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada, please contact customer service. Shipping quotes are also available to typically high cost areas such as islands, remote locations, restricted access areas, etc. Most accessories, trim, and component parts ship free when ordered with a finished product or a complete kit. Packaging and shipping will be quoted on accessories, trim, and component parts when not ordered with a finished product or a complete kit.
We will send you an email when your order leaves our factory warehouse. The email will include information on the carrier used for your order and give you a shipment tracking number for use at the carrier's website.
Items shipped via UPS Ground will be delivered without a signature based on the driver's judgment of security and access. UPS may request a signature at their discretion.
Our normal shipping lead time schedules:
|Wood Mantels & Shelves|
|Standard Sizes - Unfinished||7 business days|
|Standard Sizes - Factory Finished||14 business days|
|Custom Sizes - Unfinished||10 business days|
|Custom Sizes - Factory Finished||15 business days|
|In stock||2 business days|
|Out of stock||5 to 6 business days|
|New England Classic Wainscoting|
|Unfinished||10 business days|
|Factory Finished||20 business days|
|Unfinished||10 business days|
|Factory Finished||15 business days|
|Marble, Granite, & Slate Facings|
|Standard Size Kits||5 business days|
|Oversized Kits||4 to 5 weeks|
|Heritage Collection Marble Mantels||5 to 6 weeks|
|Classic Stone Mantel Collection||10 business days|
|Designer Stone Mantel Collection||4-6 weeks|
Lead times may be extended during our busiest season (November, December & early January)
Curbside Delivery for Large or Heavy Items
Larger and heavier items (e.g., stone and marble mantels, large wood mantels, 4x8 paneling orders, etc.) require delivery via an LTL (less than truckload) 18-wheeler truck and require an appointment for curbside delivery and visual inspection for any damage. The LTL carrier will call you to set an appointment for the curbside delivery as the shipment nears the delivering terminal. Residential deliveries are normally delivered on a truck that has a lift gate to assist with moving the package to the ground. You should have someone there to assist you with carrying the package from the curb to the desired location.
A thorough inspection of your order is made during packaging and shipping to ensure your items are in perfect condition when leaving our facilities. However, during shipment, damages rarely but on occasion may occur. For all LTL (less than truckload) shipments you need to inspect the contents of all boxes at the time of delivery, especially in cases where the outside of your package appears to be damaged when you receive it. On all LTL shipments you should:
- Open the package and inspect for obvious damage to the product with carrier present. If any damage at all is found please write, "Refusing the shipment due to damage" on the Bill of Lading and contact us immediately so we can initiate a replacement order as soon as possible. We cannot accept damage claims more than 4 days after receipt.
- It is more difficult to hold an LTL carrier responsible if you are not present and attentive to the inspection of the shipment when the product is delivered and have not noted damage on the delivery paper. If damage is found, it is important to notify us immediately at (866) 983-3267 so that we may notify the carrier, begin the damage claim, and initiate a replacement order as soon as possible. (Please note we must notify the carrier within 24 hours of any products that have been delivered with damage, and we are unable to accept damage claims beyond four days of shipment receipt.)
For more information, please review our Terms and Conditions regarding shipping and delivery of large/extra heavy items
Design the Space is committed to being the best provider of architectural elements for creating the perfect home. Therefore, we provide a guarantee to you that if there is any problem with quality or workmanship, we will make any necessary corrections including a refund, less return shipping, if necessary within 30 days of your receipt of the product. Limited to sales within the Continental USA.
Standard Item Returns:
Design the Space will refund your purchase, less the return shipping, should you be dissatisfied with any standard items purchased. Call Design the Space at 866-983-3267 for a return authorization number and return the item in sellable condition in the original packaging within 30 days of original delivery to Design the Space, 4155 Parkway Drive, Florence AL 35630. Call us for an RMA number and instructions, since all returns must have prior authorization. Limited to sales within the Continental USA. (In the unlikely and unfortunate instance of shipping damage, please see our Curbside Delivery for Large or Heavy Items section, above.)
Special Order Item Returns:
Our customer service representatives will provide you with a detailed drawing of your custom made item including dimensions for your approval to ensure you that you order exactly what you need. We warranty our products against any defects in material or craftsmanship and will gladly repair or replace the mantel, mantel shelf, wainscoting, cornice or other item if needed. However, due to the expense of crafting specially sized products for our customers, we cannot change the original ordered size of the item free of charge.
International Customers (including Canada)
Thank you for your interest in our products! Please contact us for pricing, shipping, taxes, duties and fees information for forwarding our product outside the contiguous United States of America. Your inquiry should include:
- The product, color and quantity of the product in which you have an interest
- Your complete ship-to address and contact name and phone number
- We need to know if the ship-to address is in a commercial or residential area
- For larger items, tell us if you need a lift gate at delivery, or if you have a loading dock or fork lift
We will do our best to get an estimate of the cost and time to you within 48 hours and appreciate your inquiry!