Terms and Conditions | Delivery Information
Terms and Conditions / Delivery Information of Large/Heavy Items
A FREIGHT SURCHARGE MAY APPLY TO SOME LOCATIONS
- Thank you for your interest in Design The Space and this particular product, one of our larger and/or heavier product which is typically shipped in a crate and/or on a pallet via a commercial Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) carrier, sometimes referred to as an '18-wheeler"
- Curbside delivery to an easily accessible address is included in our price
- Non-paved road deliveries, tight turns, steep embankments, high-rise building or otherwise difficult delivery locations or situations may necessitate your having to pay for additional delivery services.
- For residential deliveries, the carrier will phone you to schedule the delivery as the shipment nears the delivering terminal
- When your order leaves our dock, we will send you a shipment notice via email and provide you with the carrier's shipment tracking information
- You agree to have able-bodied people and some way to move this shipment from the curb to your home at the time of delivery. This service is not included unless prior arrangements are made. Many products can be carried piece by piece from the curb after opening the carton for the visual inspection required at the time of the delivery
- While we take extra care in crating our products and the incidence of freight damage is very small, it does sometimes happen, so we ask your special attention to this next detail.
- The carrier's responsibility for damage virtually ends at the time of delivery and therefore it is imperative that you inspect the crate, carton and contents for damage prior to signing the bill of lading. Unless you have indicated by a notation on the bill of lading before you sign it, you are releasing the carrier from responsibilty and you may be responsible for the cost of any repairs or replacement of damaged items that are not covered by your note on the bill of lading, since there is no way to determine when the damage occurred once the carrier leaves with a clear-and-free signature.
For your convenience...
- For your convenience, you may give us a commercial ship-to delivery address at the time of your order (preferably with a loading dock, pallet jack and/or fork lift)
- For your convenience, you may ask us to ship this to our carrier's most local terminal where your team can pick up the shipment
- For your convenience, contact us to see if 'inside delivery service' (sometimes refered to as 'white glove delivery') is available in your location prior to placing your order. The surcharge will be quoted if available(normally $200 to $400)